Monday, April 10, 2017

Plans for the Next Few Days

Now that I no longer have bottom dentures, I cannot eat the cucumbers and other healthy foods I brought into the house. I will give the popcorn (both already made and also the bags to pop) to a friend. Right now, I am waiting for my cold Cheerios to get mushy and I finely-diced a banana - that should be easy.

Food: I will spend as much time as I can, given the once-again water on-off situation, trying to puree what I cannot eat in this condition (no bottom dentures): strawberries, apples, pears, grapes, carrots, and other stuff. I will make a container of brown rice and re-stock my beans. It’s no biggie to puree those other foods - so many of my friends today are living either totally or partially on packaged shakes like Ensure.

Oh, and I found an online manual for my blender. Even though it is over 20 years old, it is able to grind/chop meats if they are cooked. So I can still make crock pot meals with my ham bones (the only meat I use that won’t get mushy enough for me for now), then grind the ham and I can make ham croquettes - my mom used to make them - now it’s my turn.

My week will be taken up with the newest plumbing issue, the leak and wet rug by my bedroom behind the one bathroom, food issues, catching up on bills, packing up the yard sale leftovers, getting to the grocery for some fill-in items, prepping/pulverizing foods, once again de-cluttering and organizing, and doing a lot of cleaning. My life really does have purpose!

No comments: