Saturday, April 15, 2017

Got a Lot Done Already Today

Lunch in progress - Veggie Omelet
Not a bad day so far, productivity-wise.

Outside: 
Managed to not only take out trash, but clear a small stash or two from the back patio/driveway area to the trash as well. Looking a little better back there...more to do, but in its own time. I also snipped the dead fronds off my wee Sago Palm and plopped those in the trash, and watered it. Dumped a small amount of very old potting soil, found in the back area, around the clumps of aloe that are flowering out front, and watered that.

Food: 
I’m in the midst of defrosting a 2# tub of plain yogurt so I can make smoothies either late today or tomorrow. Steamed a head of cauliflower for later. A friend gave me some Greek Cucumber cheese, a soft cheese. I do not want to begin eating cheese & crackers once more; I’ve quit that delightful addiction. But I think I will take that cheese and the cauliflower and make a few small containers of Cheesy Cauliflower for sides for the freezer. I also cut a small cantaloupe and that will go into that smoothie today or tomorrow. I still need to peel a cucumber for that batch, and prep one or two other items. At least I got the messiest stuff (cauliflower leaves, core, and cantaloupe rind) into the trash.

The photo is my lunch-in-progress. Because of no longer having the lower dentures (broke a week ago, permanently), I need to find things that satisfy but are soft enough to eat. This is part of a veggie omelet. I sprayed a pan with olive oil and added a few drops of the oil to the pan. I layered some shredded carrots (they soften really well!), a thick layer of spinach leaves (when done this way, they cook down and I don't even need to trim the little stems), two mushrooms, a green onion, and a chopped tomato. That's what you see in the photo. Then I added one egg beaten with a little milk, and when that set, I sprinkled with a small amount of shredded cheese. 

House: 
After Monday’s leak which saturated the one bedroom floor, I am happy that the rug is almost completely dry. It wasn’t a large enough area for a water-extractor or wet/dry vac, but it did have a musty smell. That smell is almost gone. I grabbed the manual Bissel and ran it over the rug to fluff and refresh it. But I really need to get the vacuum out, put a little carpet cleaner in that area, and have at it. It means moving two dressers and/or tilting one up a little onto a piece of wood or something in case there is still some damp area that needs to air out. I hope to do the vacuum thing this week so that it is done.

Heading on into the Noon hour...thinking, thinking, what I want to do next...

No comments: