Friday, April 21, 2017

Blessings are Often Almost Invisible

There are many times in life when blessings are almost invisible.

Take the fact that for many months, I spent much of my day working around water rationing issues. Then I was blessed with the ability to get my broken, deteriorated pipes under the old mobile home replaced. I easily recognized that as a true blessing.

But the weekend of our park wide yard sale, my bottom dentures broke. Immediately, much of my time was taken up with extra food prep. Much of the food had to be cooked longer, prepped and pre-prepped, and so on. This does take a lot of time and could be seen by some as a real inconvenience.

There is another side to this, though. I realized tonight that it all worked out in God’s own time. And it was a double blessing.

See, if my dentures had broken back when the pipes were still broken and I was water-rationing, it would have been a real hardship. The extra food prep requires a lot of water usage, in a way. There’s a lot of washing - chopping tools, blender, and so on.

Thankfully, God held one inconvenience off until the first one could be resolved. He really does have my back.

Thank you, Father in heaven, for the way you time my blessings. It worked out for the best, just as it always does. Forgive me for my occasional impatience. I trust in you.

No comments: