Thursday, February 16, 2017

Update on Silkie and Answered Prayers

This is mostly for my friends who do not have, or are not on, Facebook.

This day ended far better than I ever expected.

Silkie’s condition: she has 3 broken/fractured canines (2 upper and 1 lower) and 1 piece of tooth embedded in her bottom lip. No wonder the poor little thing could not eat! You have no idea how happy I am that I took her this morning to the vet. The bill is high, as expected, but not as high as it might have been. She’ll be there overnight and I’ll pick her up tomorrow, late afternoon.

I am so grateful for all the prayers you have said. They obviously were heard.

Yes, when she comes home tomorrow, she will be sore but that is far different from the horrible pain she must have been in since Tuesday evening.

She is overweight. I knew that, but I did not realize how much overweight. She’ll be facing two big changes: going from an indoor/outdoor cat to a strictly-indoor cat, and giving up her beloved Temptations and her canned food for a prescription weight loss dry food. She is not going to like either change. However, this is the best possible time to do this. She will be groggy at first, and it will be easier to ease her into a new routine.

Once again, thank you all so much - for your moral support and kinds words and stories about your own fur babies, for the prayers and for so much more. You are always in my own heart and prayers.
And I can’t wait to get my baby back and brush her and brush her and brush her.

No comments: