Thursday, February 16, 2017

Requesting Prayers for Silkie

I’m going a little crazy here. I finally decided that I really must take Silkie in for the vet to examine her. She has only eaten twice, 1/4 cup of kibble or less each time, since Tuesday, 5pm, because of an injury to her mouth. She had been outside, went where she shouldn’t have, had a neighbor’s pet chase her home, and as she bolted into the back door, I think she slid on the linoleum and into the inside door’s edge.

She bled a slight bit that evening, but since then she is constantly licking in her mouth. I do not know whether it is something simple like a cut inside her cheek, or something awful like a dislodged tooth or hairline jaw fracture...could be almost anything. The thing is, it is severe enough to hurt her enough so that she will not even eat one of her beloved Temptations.
I have decided to not pay one bill. I’ll pay it late. That should cover today’s visit. I know this vet and have used him over the past 15 years.

Here’s the tricky part. I managed to get the carrier inside the house and ready. The cat is on the bed and easy to grab. I was ready to get dressed and bolt out of here to be there at 9am when he opens. 

Fortunately, something (someONE? Thank you, Lord) nudged me to call their office to see if they opened their doors before 9, and the doc himself answered and has a previous outside-the-office appointment and won’t be in until 11. Now I must stay sane and productive until then, and pray the cat is still grabbable.

Folks, please, pray that she is okay? I’d rather feel foolish about spending this money; I’d rather feel better knowing this is the only visit required, than to find out I delayed and caused complications to develop. As it is, it will be almost 48 hours.

Father in heaven, you created every living thing on this world of ours. Please look gently, kindly, compassionately upon this little one you entrusted to my care. Bless her please with a little miracle today? I rarely ask in this way, but it’s not for me, it’s for her. And, not my will, but yours, be done.

No comments: