Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Progress on Prayer Request

Two days ago, I asked for big time prayers. I hope with all my heart that the old laptop I'm using will hold up until the weekend. You all came through for me! So far, so good.

Most of my life, I've lived by the adage, "God helps those who help themselves." So I never pray  and stop trying to deal with the situation. 

In this case, I made sure I called my tech guy yesterday. We'll talk again Friday afternoon for a firm day/time over the weekend, while I still have the money to pay him. I can easily plug and play, and transfer some things. But I'd feel better if he was here. I'm also moving from Windows 7 on a laptop, to Windows 10 on a tower. I have always preferred a tower.

He will walk me through the differences between the two operating systems. That's mostly what I need. I know how to download all my files from Carbonite. And I know how to load the 3 or 4 special programs I always depend on. I'm looking forward to it, but not this week. This is a heavy week for me on the PC and I need stability, not change, until I've finished these projects. Then I can make the switch.

So, thank you again, my friends, for the prayers. As I said, so far, so good. I will limit my PC usage until then.

Father, thank you for hearing my prayer and those of my friends. I do realize that my problem is not the most pressing in this troubled world, so I'm very grateful you are taking the time to help me manage this. Meanwhile, I pray you look kindly upon the needs of those I know and love, those I have promised to pray for, and for those who have not asked but who need your love and compassion and mercy. 

No comments: