Monday, September 19, 2016

What a Good Feeling - Shelter Costs Covered This Month

This is the first time in almost 3 years that I have paid all my shelter bills and the most important loans and it isn't even the 20th. That is progress. It doesn't mean it will go that well next month, but I am thrilled at this little miracle and this delightful moment of peace.

I have two old bills that will one day be cleared up but I am not going to fret over those.

What delights me is that with His help and the help of others, friends and agencies alike, I did get through this month. Not only that, nothing is late this month. No late fees. That alone is a miracle. The gas, electric, telephone, rent - all paid on time.

That said, most of you know that even a small unexpected outlay of funds means it comes out of shelter bills.

Last month, there was the annual tax on this old mobile home. Granted it is very low but it is only once a year and needed to be paid.

This month, it was a small fee to my tech guy to check this old laptop I'm using. He managed to check it completely, tweak it here and there, and it has been behaving but we know that won't last. Meanwhile, a friend blessed me with her hand-me-down HP tower.

As soon as next month's funds arrive, I'll call my tech guy and we'll set that up and I can re-open my Etsy shop and hope for a few sales before Christmas.

Meanwhile, I have plenty of food and there is fuel in the car. I can't ask for more than that.

Sweet Lord Jesus, thank you with all my heart and soul for your love and compassion and for being there for me. You've told us not to worry because the Father takes care of the lilies of the field. I think sometimes I'm a thorny branch and yet I am still blessed with what I need. Thank you!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Im so glad some things are working out.
Hugs,
Cindy

Evelyn Mayfield said...

Thanks, Cindy. It's slow going - one step forward, two back (lol), but it definitely is progress...Hugs.