Sunday, July 31, 2016

Amazing Online Resources

Way back in April of '10 (at this link), I wrote a post about the unnoticed, unused, and neglected resources in each of our lives. I have never been able to say it better, so I bookmarked it and I often read it again for motivation. I did that today and decided to share it with those of you who probably never read it the first time.

We tend to think of our ability to find and use resources as limited to an on-site paycheck-driven job. When that source dries up, and in my case, our bodies and stamina also dry up, we have to find other ways of boosting our income. This has to cover not only unexpected incidents and needs but all too often, it extends to just daily needs.

If you are reading this, you already have internet access. Obviously I do, also, or else I couldn't post this to a blog. This means we are already paying for internet access. Most of us, however, fritter away our time on the computer.

I do have an Etsy shop but the competition has mushroomed since I began in '09. It's rare to make a sale these days. 

I'm not an online gamer, but I have to confess that in the past few months, my PC time has expanded to viewing and sharing and commenting on cute little posts on Facebook.

My point is this - I need to start a reward-system here. I should tell myself something like 5-minutes for resources and then 5 minutes for Facebook - something like that. I need to allot a certain time for the real resources out there. 

For example, I often have a hard time finding funds for groceries, etc. So now I register everywhere I can. I get some freebies from Smith's online, and from lots of fast food places, and so on. Just today, I used a freebie I got for a 9" sub at Capriottis - no other purchase required - just because a while back, I had registered for their eClub.

There are so many other ways to make life a little easier on myself.

Father, I ask for your guidance. Help me to see all the resources at my hands and to gather them and to use them wisely.

No comments: