Friday, March 11, 2016

Early to Bed to Take Mind Off Things

I'm going to turn in early tonight. I have a few things on my mind and it's a hard night to ditch the worries.

Earlier this evening, the driver-side side mirror on my '01 car fell off while I was driving. It was dangling by the wire. About 5 years ago, it was knocked off when my nephew came too close going through a McDonald's. The wiring was intact so we had someone affix it to its housing. It has held for those five years, so I am very grateful.

I am also grateful that tonight it just dangled against the side of the car. At the first available stoplight, I lowered the window and brought the assembly in and rested it on the open window ledge until I finished my errand.

When I got home, and closed the window, I was able to rest it on the car between the windshield and the hood. It should be fine until I can get to my car-guy early in the morning. I expect he will have no trouble re-attaching it with some type of adhesive, or, worse case scenario, tape.

But for a few miles, I was a tiny bit stressed while praying it would only dangle and not get worse.

God heard my prayer. Now I think I'll just stop thinking about that and a few other concerns, and finish this, post it, and climb into bed. I'll let him work on solutions while I recharge for tomorrow.

Sweet Jesus, you know all about living here on earth and its issues. You didn't have cars but I'm sure that your beasts of burden presented their own problems at times. I thank you for protecting me during my ride. Thank you, also, for helping me stay calm and rational so I could rest the assembly inside until I could get safely home. And I thank you again, in advance, for any help you can send my way for a reasonably stress-free solution to this and some other concerns I have. You are always there for me.

No comments: