Sunday, January 31, 2016

Hi-Tech Approach to Life Goals



I was thinking today that it is already the end of the first month of this new year. I had so many plans for this month. I didn't even manage to finish half of them.

However, that does not mean that I am giving up on the ones I have left on that list.

There was a time, years ago, when I had a chance to take a free Franklin Covey Planner course. They taught me how to use a planner (paper, back then) and how to prioritize your tasks. The thing I loved about it was that it also kept those plans and tasks in front of me, always. 

If I didn't get to something one day, I could always bump it up a day, or a week, or whatever. But if it was still important at the end of the goal-day, and un-done, I had that option.

These days, I do not need something as big as that planner. I do still, however, have tasks and a to-do list.

Bumping those tasks to another day or week or month is like re-booting my to-do list - a hi-tech solution to my goals.

Yep - I like that. So, I just re-booted my un-done January tasks and they will pop up tomorrow on my to-do list. 

Nobody ever said that we should discard a task or a goal just because we did not get to it when we planned for it. There's always another day. Or we hope so.

The thing is, if it is important enough to still be accomplished, then a re-boot will keep it on my list.

January to-do's are now re-booted!

No comments: