Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Just a Brief Post Tonight



I've been trying to distract myself the past few days. Worry, I've learned in my 7+ decades on this earth, does not help solve problems - it only blocks my mind and keeps me from seeing answers. I know the Lord is working on the leaky roof, so I'll keep doing little things to resist the urge to dwell on it.

I will admit that I find the easiest way to distract myself from an issue, and a great way to keep my mind open to answers, is to concentrate on mindless, routine tasks.

So, tomorrow, I'll continue on this path. I'll do a wash load or two, I'll get some things prepped and make a crock pot meal or two on the weekend, and I might count all the baby things our charity crafting group has made and accumulated. I can plan to distribute those on Monday morning, after I've sorted, counted, packed and made a list to go with the donation.

Father, you have blessed me with faith and trust in you. I'm also glad, in a way, for my cluttered, disorganized home situation because it gives me plenty of things to do to take my mind off worry and leave the door open for your loving help.

No comments: