Thursday, January 15, 2015

Feeling Blessed Tonight, as Usual



Over the past two days, friends and neighbors have passed along surplus groceries. I am always amazed at the generosity of those in my senior mobile home community. 

One dear friend had a dozen or more friends and loved ones visiting for about a week. When they all left, she called me and gave me all the stuff they hadn’t eaten and which she herself, when alone, does not eat. She knows that what I cannot use I can happily pass along to a few others in here who are in need.

There is also one neighbor who apparently works at a job where a lot of surplus food comes in during the week. At least it’s a lot in the eyes of one or two people. Yesterday was the first time I knew of this, and we talked. This evening, she, too, passed along some things for me to choose from and then further distribute. In the future, I might even have enough left to take to a dear friend’s family a few miles away. How wonderful that would be.

I sort of feel like I’m in charge of the biblical loaves-and-fishes in this matter. It is a wonderful feeling to not only receive, in this case, but to also give to others.

Anyhow, I’ll be able to pass some of this along and that feels so good. 

Father, thank you for your wonderful bounty and for the loving kindness of the people in this community in which you planted me back in ’01 - I, myself, could not have picked out a better community than this, the one you chose for us!
  

No comments: