Saturday, September 27, 2014

Hectic but Productive Day



Well, as you know, my big hulking clumsy old analog TV in the living room (see last night’s post) died yesterday. I still have a lot of de-cluttering to do, which meant I needed to clear the area in front of that TV and stand - didn’t take long, just some labor on my side. I managed to get a friend/neighbor to come by this morning and wrestle it out of here and onto my curb.

He wanted to also help me bring my nephew’s TV in from that bedroom. I thanked him but explained that it was one I could handle. 90% of what I do daily involves sitting - my Etsy shop online, crocheting for my shop and for the local needy, and so on. So whenever I get a chance to safely do some bending and stretching, within my arthritis-limits and bounds, I go for it.

That set is hooked up now and all is well. Meanwhile another friend donated an analog-to-digital converter to me. They no longer need it. They replaced the set it connected to with a digital set. I’m not sure this is one that will work for me, but I’ll know next week when I disconnect from paid TV contract service.

That labor aside, I took the time to mix some sugar-free Jello for me. I love to take one small box of one flavor and mix it with a small box of another. This time I used an orange and a cherry. It’s easy enough, for heaven’s sake, and saves me from unhealthy snacks along the way. If I get a craving for a cookie or a chip, I’ll open the fridge and dip a spoon or two of the Jello and it satisfies my craving, quickly. Plus the gelatin is good for my hair (what little I have ) and nails.

I also had picked up a 3# bag of apples this week for under $3. I took 3 of those, and used my Vidalia chopper and diced them tiny. I will now be able to add a spoonful or two at a time to everything from cold cereal and hot cereal, to yogurt and more.

Our senior mobile home community’s Fall park-wide yard sale is next weekend, and I’m pulling things aside for that. I ran across lots of bowls with well-fitting lids that I knew a friend needed badly. At one time there were three of us in here and now I definitely do not need all that I have. So I packed a bag or two with those and she picked them up. The really good ones will go out for the sale. 

Because I will be delivering about 50 of our park’s monthly newsletters tomorrow morning, I took the time to roll and rubber-band those tonight. We hang them on the front railings or on the mailbox posts. I continue to walk and do that once a month because it helps me keep the arthritis at a relative stand-still. It’s there, all right, but I want to keep it from getting too much worse, too quickly.

This afternoon, our park’s pool-clique had an end-of-season party. One elderly lady in here (Oh, who am I kidding? It’s a senior park. We’re ALL elderly!) called and asked if I could take her over. The ride she depended on didn’t show. We knew she could easily get a ride home. I took her, her walker, and her pot-luck offering, over to the clubhouse for the party. She’s got cancer now, and how could I say “no”? 

Anyhow, at this point, I’m ready to pack it in. I didn’t get a thing done that I planned to do, but I got other things done. All in all, I call that a productive day.    

No comments: