Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Taking Advantage of God’s Hints



Most of you know the financial challenges I am facing since the passing of my nephew. Somehow, God got me through February, March, and almost April. I’ve paid almost everything except the house insurance this month. Gotta do that tomorrow. But I also must get kitty litter (for her) and milk and eggs (for me). I cannot wait to see how the Lord will work that out for me.

It is so strange. He always has my back. Somehow, some way, he makes sure it works out. I am becoming less and less stressed over the timing.

I was going to just let the house insurance expire for a few weeks. Then, tonight, I had the ceiling fan on and could smell something like a burning smell. I turned it off immediately. It was definitely the ceiling fan because there is no longer any smell like that. Still, for me it pointed out that I must definitely pay that premium tomorrow, the last day possible for the payment. Everything else must wait. God knows, he really, really does, that I am not good when he just gives me hints. He knows that I need BIG hints, like tonight. Yep, gotta pay that premium - I hear you, Lord.
 
Father, I am so grateful that you know me well enough to give me larger-than-life hints as to what I must do at times. I am grateful that you help me in spite of my inability to hear you when you whisper. Thanks for speaking up so I can hear you. And I can’t thank you enough for all your help, your love, and most of all, your patience.  

No comments: