Sunday, November 3, 2013

When Our Plans Get Off Track



Once again, I'm trying to get back on track with my blog posting plans. What is that old saying, something like "Man makes plans and God laughs"?

Well, a couple of weeks ago, I wanted to post a free prayer every Sunday. They are being taken from my self-published Busy Person's PrayerBook.

I did fine in the beginning. Then life got in the way and I missed one Sunday, and another, and well, you know the drill.

I tried posting a couple a week to catch up. Even that got off track.

I have decided to just start again, this week, from where I left off, and not even try to catch up.Sometimes it seems to be more sensible to just begin again with sidetracked plans. It's certainly better than quitting the whole project.

Throughout our lives, we run into occasional roadblocks when trying to fulfill a promise to ourselves or others. I'd rather pick up where I left off than feel overwhelmed by my stumbling - at least that way I can eventually finish a particular project, rather than abandon it because of frustration.  

No comments: