Sunday, September 8, 2013

Free Prayer Sunday - When Someone is Late



I have used this prayer many times when a loved one was exceptionally late.  It soothes me to know I’ve turned it over to someone who understands, and helps me unburden my mind during the waiting.  The “help” I pray for will be whatever the moment requires – I leave it up to the powers that be.

I'm marching through my self-published Busy Person's Prayer Book, front to back. The first category in my book, because it was written when I was still working and all my prayers were written for my own needs, is Work.

When Someone’s Late
We know how Mary and Joseph feared
When on that trip, He disappeared
I’m worried now about one I love
Please send us help from up above.

Please do not pass it around without giving credit to the author (me) and where it was published - a line like this will do: by Evelyn Mayfield, in the Busy Person's Prayer Book.

The other prayers in this category, Helping Others, that will be appearing the next few Sundays, are as follows:

Help for a Loved One
Helping the Needy – Directly
Helping the Needy – Indirectly
The Homeless
Caregiver’s Prayer
Patience with the Young and Old
Handcrafter’s Prayer
Concern About a Pet
When I’ve Promised to Pray for Someone
For the Terminally Ill

We just finished 4 prayers for those at work: For a Job, when facing a Pending Layoff, Giving My All at Work, and Anxiety over a New Venture. 

Just click on the Free Prayer link at the top of the page to see them all.  

No comments: