Thursday, June 20, 2013

Crafting in the Summer


If it is not already hot where you live, it soon will be. I have noticed that my crafting projects seem to change with the seasons. When we get into the 100s here in Vegas, I rarely work on large projects.

This past week or two, for example, I have been making a lot of crocheted dishcloths, beverage cozies, preemie blankets and caps, towel toppers, crosses and angels. Once in a while I find a stash of worsted weight yarn and I whip up a few hats and fingerless gloves and scarves for the homeless. I just stash them away until the Fall.

Even with really good air conditioning, I just am not comfortable working on larger projects in the hot weather. A prayer shawl or a lapghan feels hot and heavy lying on my lap as I work on it. For me, they are cooler weather projects.

It is also a good time of the year to work on holiday ornaments and token gifts. I'd almost forgotten those until I began this post. Time to dig out those patterns and instructions, too.

I'm sure most of you are the same. What I love about crafting, though, is the wide variety of possible projects. This is what allows me to work on them, at my own comfort level, depending on the weather. Yep, I really love the vareity.

No comments: