Thursday, July 5, 2012

Prayer Chains


Tonight I must give great thanks for some prayer warriors on my list. These folks are always quick to respond to a prayer request. I had sent out a major request this morning at 8:30 a.m., and it was already being answered, in wondrous fashion, by 10:30 a.m.

We all know the verse about how good it is to pray together -
"For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst.”   -  Matthew 18:19-21

About 40 years ago, I had friends back in NJ where I lived who had a very good prayer chain. Ask one of them for a prayer and that person would call 10 on their list. Those 10 would call another 10, and so on. Amazing.

These days, it is so easy to develop a special list from our email address book. We all know which of these contacts are most likely to send up a quick prayer when asked to do so.

So, I have my list and these people are amazing when it comes to results.

The request was medical and rather personal, regarding a family member, which is why I didn't post it to Facebook or on my Blog. Nonetheless, these "prayer warriors" (as one of them calls her own special list) seem to touch God's heart with their heartfelt words.

Father, thank you for your Son's words, passed to us in the Bible, explaining to us how good it is to pray together for a cause. Help us to always take that moment when a prayer request is made of us, and to thank those who pray for us in return.

No comments: