Thursday, July 5, 2012

Crochet or Knit Projects On The Go


Crocheters and knitters are blessed with the opportunity to choose little projects to take with them no matter where they go. I suppose quilters can do the same thing.

Toss a small skein of yarn and a hook or pair of needles into a small bag and you are all set for idle moments.

Today I had a lot of those moments. I happened to have my "project bag" in the back seat of the car today when I needed to spend time at the ER with a household member. My "project bag" is just a zippered "travel" bag - the type you toss shampoo, deodorant, dental stuff and other toiletries into when you travel.

Currently, I have some mint green fingering yarn in there and a G hook. One of my fave preemie blankie patterns is deeply engraved into my brain, so I don't even carry the pattern any longer.

For this type of activity, I make sure what I work on will not be too long and hang down to the floor, or too bulky.

I finished the preemie blankie today and re-loaded my project bag to toss back into the car tomorrow.

I automatically grab that bag when I go anywhere that might require my being idle for more than 15 minutes at a time.

Yep, we sure are blessed, we crocheters and knitters. Now, go through your patterns and your yarn or thread, and figure out what to toss into your own project bag - dishcloths, caps, potholders, trims, or even squares to join later. Be ready to have fun no matter where you are.

No comments: