Sunday, March 11, 2012

Learning to Trust in His Love and Learning to Quit Worrying


Thought I'd post briefly about how our household is doing regarding our struggles following my nephew's job loss.

I have to smile at times like these, as unlikely as it sounds. In spite of our grave worries, the Lord seems to bless us with just enough funds or other resources at just the moment we need it.

Now, this should be enough to make me serene and calm and trusting and faith-filled, right?

I'm afraid that I am just a mere mortal, a human who is still prone to worry while waiting for God's supplies to arrive.

I pray. And I wait. And I worry.

Just when I think I've reached the end of the line, the Lord throws me a few more inches of rope.

I am not ungrateful. In fact, I am just the opposite. I am filled with gratitude. I am awed by the timing of his blessings.

Likewise, I am ashamed that I even allow worry into my life.

But, human that I am, worry creeps in.

Dear Father, thank you so much for carrying us in your mighty hands during this trying time, and thank you for your blessings. Bless all those who have helped us and please bless them abundantly. Also, please continue to send me the grace I need to relax a bit more and to remember that you always come through for us.

No comments: