Wednesday, March 21, 2012

God Gave Us a 48-Hr Break, and Then He Sent Us a Miracle

Well, God gave us a 48 hr break, and then a miracle on top of that..

In yesterday's post, I mentioned that the electric company had told me we could not get any more extensions, and we were due for cut-off today. I took a chance and called when they first opened this morning and they said that they couldn't give an extension but it takes them at least 48 hours to take action and assign a disconnect, so I have until sometime Friday. I only have part of the electric bill and just need another $10 to make the total. I should be able to get that by Friday.

Friday, I must have both the Gas and the Electric or this time, they will absolutely disconnect.

I don't mind the TV/internet/phone that much (they're due end of the month), but I do not know how we can manage without gas and electric.

I knew we needed prayers, big time, and I sent an email to several folks who I know to be people of faith.

Your prayers are VERY powerful, my friends.

A friend who has since moved to upstate NY with her DH and their 13 yr old kitty just called me and asked for my utility account info. They are going to cover the gas bill, by phone, from up there.

I am so in awe of how wonderful people are. These folks are not any better off than your household or mine, and yet they are doing this. They said it was because when they were here in LV, we were good to them. What few things I did for them do not compare to what this means for us.

Anyhow, it looks like we will be all right for this week and weekend. I will deal with next week's worries next week. For tonight, we will sleep a lot more easily that we have done all week.

Father, thank you for hearing the prayers of our friends. Bless them abundantly, please, and thank you for placing them on our path. Remind us all that even a simple prayer on one's behalf can have miraculous results.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Praise God for His Provision!

Blessings,
Karen