Wednesday, February 8, 2012

DIY Valentine Projects - Valentine Candles

How is this for a really quick and easy way to turn a simple candle into something special for Heart-Day? I like this idea of inserting the candle into a glass receptacle and then surrounding it with heart-shaped candies. Tanya's post offers two suggestions on what to use as fillers, ideas for the glass containers, and how to use this idea for special gifts or centerpieces all year long.

I found the tutorial over on MommyGoggles at this link.

The instructions are very brief because this is very uncomplicated. We are close to Valentine's Day now so I'm focusing on quick-and-easy projects.

This would make a lovely gift for anyone. You might even have some suitable glass bowls that have been sitting around quietly just waiting for this this idea. Even an abandoned goldfish bowl would work, I'm sure.

This is part of my series (1/15-2/14) of Valentine projects.

For other projects in this series, just look along the right sidebar for the label "Valentine Projects." I will post only tips that do not require knitting, crocheting, machine sewing, tatting, embroidery, or any other skilled technique.

If you are feeling lazy, check my Etsy shop for items for your gift list.

No comments: