Thursday, February 9, 2012

DIY Valentine Projects - Woven Heart Basket for Treats or Gifts

We're down to the wire for making gifts for V-day. This one is labeled a Christmas ornament but I really think it's a great idea for tucking in small gifts like coins, cash, candy or jewelry. Read through this post for my own efforts on making these.

I found this on HomemadeGiftsMadeEasy at this link. Stephanie's instructions are easy to follow. And it is quick and easy to make and have ready to stuff with fun goodies.

It's even cute enough to give just by itself!

I can see this filled with little pieces of paper with the things that are special about the recipient. Or fill it with pieces of paper with your loving wishes for that person.

I did a fast "let me try this" while typing this post. I used an 8-1/2x11 sheet of paper, which was off, dimension-wise. However, it was definitely good enough for me to get the hang of it. As she says, the first one is tricky finagling with the weaving, but hey, I did it! I wanted to get an idea of the finished size. These are roomier than I expected - mine is a tad smaller by perhaps half an inch, but it measures about 6" across the widest at the top, and about 6" deep, roughly. You can stuff a LOT of stuff into this "basket." I am definitely making a bunch of these, this weekend!!!

This is part of my series (1/15-2/14) of Valentine projects.

For other projects in this series, just look along the right sidebar for the label "Valentine Projects." I will post only tips that do not require knitting, crocheting, machine sewing, tatting, embroidery, or any other skilled technique.

If you are feeling lazy, check my Etsy shop for items for your gift list.

No comments: