Wednesday, December 28, 2011

When Time Flies - A Year-End Thought


I cannot believe how fast this year went. I cannot believe New Year's Day is just a few days away. I'm not sure what I'll hope and pray for, for this coming year. I'll do more of that on Friday or even Saturday. For now, I'm just amazed at how fast time passes.

We have a prayer that Catholics are familiar with, and part of it says, "...as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be..." Every once in a while, when time flies, or some issue seems enormous, I remember those words.

To me, they remind me of how I am just a moment in time. A speck in eternity. All the things that seem so important at this moment will be as nothing in 100 years, even less so in 1,000 years.

Father, please help me to always keep things in the proper perspective. Help me to realize that you will take care of me as you promised, but that I must take care of myself as well, by keeping an eye on my eternal life and staying on the path that will lead me there.

No comments: