Sunday, December 4, 2011

Handmade Christmas Gift Ideas - Salt & Pepper Pincushions

Now here is a something different in pincushion gift ideas. Roseanna at meli-melo-art posted this wonderfully unique way to make quick and easy pincushions for some of the folks on our gift lists. This is part of our ongoing series (9/21-12/24) of handmade Christmas gift ideas.

Now, you might think you can bypass her post but I suggest you check it out because she explains why she stuffs the shakers with a certain stuffing. Her link is here.

This is also a neat recycling idea in case your collection of salt and pepper shakers has multiplied beyond control.

Lots of folks can use one of these. They do not have to be sewers or quilters. Any crafter can use one because any size needle can be inserted in the pincushion, even though Roseanna designed this project to handle her larger size needles. In fact, anyone who needs to replace a button or fix a hem or a rip in a seam can use one.

Depending on the style shaker chosen, these can really be cute. I sort of like the plain and simple elegance of the ones in photo I used from Roseanna's post.

I found this one in my daily e-newsletter from CraftGossip. I just love that daily email.

For other projects in my series, just look along the right sidebar for the label "Christmas Gift Projects." I hope to post only tips that do not require knitting, crocheting, machine sewing, tatting, embroidery, or any other skilled technique.

If you are feeling too crushed for time to make your own gifts this season, check my Etsy shop for items for your gift list.

No comments: