Saturday, December 3, 2011

I'm in a De-Stress Treasury on Etsy


I was so excited today to find that one of my crocheted back scrubbers has been included in a Destress treasury on Etsy, at this link. I've been meaning to also post the free pattern for this. Maybe with it fresh in my mind, I will do it this coming week.

For those who do not know, Etsy is an online mall featuring handmade items. Members are welcome to create a collection of 16 items by different shop owners, with a common theme, and present them as a "gallery."

This particular group of items is meant to help folks de-stress at this often frantic time of the year. What a great idea for an Etsy treasury. You can see some of the items on the right hand side of this page.

I always check out the other shops in any treasury I'm in.

I also check out the person who made the treasury. In this case, it was compiled by shop owner Pam Poirier, who has a shop called whimsysweetwhimsy.

Pam's shop has the cutest little handmade critters: owls, whales, birdies, even crows. Oh, and sunflowers, too. They range from pillows to hanging ornaments and they are all so cute. She does wonderful work.

I fully appreciate the faces on these creations. I always avoid making any projects that have faces. I cannot do a cute face. The placement of the eyes, etc., must be just right for the finished item to be appealing. I do not have that talent, and that is why I truly admire anyone who does. Pam's got it.

No comments: