Thursday, December 8, 2011

Handmade Christmas Gift Ideas - DIY Pearl Collar Necklace

This beautiful pearl collar necklace is incredibly easy to make. No bead stringing. No sewing. And, you could easily vary the shape in many ways. As part of our ongoing series (9/21-12/24) of handmade Christmas gift ideas, this one could be a favorite.

Any female on our gift lists who receives one of these will never forget it. I found this one in my daily e-newsletter from CraftGossip. It is posted here by Sophie at Stylehive. All work is copyrighted (as is the photo used here from their site) and for personal use only.

I cannot believe how simple this project is. And, just by changing the shape of the pattern piece, and therefore the felt backing, we can create other styles, such as a hanging bib style.

I love the clear photos and the step by step instructions. I like that she also gives an alternative to a hot glue gun, something I consider too dangerous for my klutzy use.

I also love the fact that I do not need to sew. I cannot believe anything so lovely is so easy to make and give to those on our gift list.

For other projects in my series, just look along the right sidebar for the label "Christmas Gift Projects." I hope to post only tips that do not require knitting, crocheting, machine sewing, tatting, embroidery, or any other skilled technique.

If you are feeling too crushed for time to make your own gifts this season, check my Etsy shop for items for your gift list.

No comments: