Monday, December 26, 2011

Etsy Work Continues After Christmas Buying Rush

I just spent some time in my Etsy shop, fixing up a few descriptions. Just because the Christmas buying rush is over, it doesn't mean Etsy buying is over until late next year.

This morning, I went in and added the following tag to EVERY items that was either "red" in color or could be considered a romantic (physical love) or loving (family or friendly love) item: Valentine Gift. In some cases, I had to remove one tag to allow for the new tag.

I don't need to worry about my banner because I have a few nice red items in there already.

It's too late for me to hype anything for January, but fortunately, I have a few winter and cold weather items in my shop.

I also made sure my three Featured items across the top of my Etsy page carefully displayed only red or love-related items. I'll leave these things in place until Valentine's Day.

Then, I'll start working anything Easter-y.

I have never focused on St. Patrick's Day, although it is a big buying day for some folks. Maybe next year, I'll try to put in a few items. Although, now that I'm thinking about it, there's no reason I can't whip up a pair of wrist warmers and slippers in Emerald Green in time for that day. I can also make a green pair of my plastic canvas hanging mini-dice. Those are not in my shop right now because I need new photos.

So, at least until April 8 (which is Easter, in 2012, I think), I'll focus on those days and themes.

It doesn't cost anything to make simple edits to any Etsy item in our shops. They do charge some minor fees if we change the quantity number or the price in the description of an item.

There is one more thing I must do - I must go back in, after I send this, and mention Valentine's Day in the first or second line of my shop announcement, so that it is the first thing visitors see when they click on my shop. That is very important. I don't do enough marketing as it is, but these things do help a lot.

No comments: