Saturday, December 24, 2011

More Unexpected Blessings & What They Mean


I'm a little embarrassed by the outpouring of food gifts the Lord has sent our way these past few days. Tonight, a dear, dear friend dropped off a bag of food on my back steps. I did not expect this. I am very grateful, of course. We can definitely use everything that was gifted to us.

I won't itemize it all, but these are things that will help us quite a bit. Plus, there was a great bath kit (loofah, pumice, you get the idea ).

What amazes me is that there are so many pessimists in the world today who truly believe that love is gone and that everyone is out for what they can get.

I know for a fact that this is totally untrue. God is visible to me every day, whether it is in the goodness folks show to our household or in what they show to others. All we need to do is keep our eyes and ears open and we can see it all and hear all about it.

Sweet, sweet Jesus, you extended the love of your Father when you came to us as a baby, so many years ago. Please ask your Father to overlook the evil and to instead be overjoyed by the good in his people.

No comments: