Sunday, November 20, 2011

Mini Beaded Christmas Tree Ornaments

I finally managed to take the photos and list my beaded mini-Christmas trees in my Etsy shop. I had a hard time deciding how to sell them. Selling one alone would have cost someone a lot because of protective packaging and postage, so I went with groups of six. Half a dozen seemed about right.

Even if someone wants a smaller amount, the listing gives them an idea of what they can get and they can always Convo me or email me for a smaller number.

I really love making these. I might try to take even sharper photos a little later, and maybe do a better grouping. I'm not totally happy with the results.

These are really adorable. They look cute at a work station or on a desk. They are great on a tree. The feature which attracts everyone when they hold one or see one is that the beads are transparent. Unless they are in a pitch black room, they pick up light from everywhere and the beads add a glittery holiday effect.

Nevertheless, they are finally in my shop. I have been neglecting to put these in for at least two Christmas seasons.

I still need to put my downloadable "Baby Jesus, Small and Sweet" poem in by Thanksgiving. That is something which can be printed on card stock and framed, to be brought out each season as a reminder of the reason. I need to find a way to place a watermark that says Sample or Copy or something like that, transparently but visible, to keep folks from just clicking on the photo and printing it. I won't be selling the downloads for much, but even at a $1, I don't want to lose that option.

Back to the bins to see what else I have forgotten to put in the shop...

No comments: