Thursday, November 10, 2011

Handmade Christmas Gift Ideas - Winter Windshield Wipees

Here is a great idea for almost everyone on your holiday gift list, as part of our ongoing series (9/21-12/24) of handmade Christmas gift ideas.

I found this at Budget101. Liss offers the recipe, here, for making non-drying towelettes that keep ice from staying on a car's windshield. I imagine these are just as useful for rain.

A comment on her post raves about how well these work, and makes a suggestion about which towels to use, quality-wise.

Both ingredients for the recipe are readily available at all drugstore chains.

I can't believe how easy this is. What a wonderful gift for anyone in a bad-weather area.

These also double as hand-wipes. The post mentions that these are just as good to use on the hands and the formula will not dry out the skin.

I'm going to make a batch of these and test them in the rain, and on my hands as wipees. Can't wait.

For other projects in my series, just look along the right sidebar for the label "Christmas Gift Projects." I hope to post only tips that do not require knitting, crocheting, machine sewing, tatting, embroidery, or any other skilled technique.

No comments: