Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Need to List on Etsy Before the Holidays

I am trying to force myself into speeding up my listing of offers for my Etsy shop in time to catch holiday shoppers.

Selling online is not the same as selling at a Craft Fair or anywhere else locally. Etsy sales require time to package and mail. They require time for delivery.

Buyers need to build in that time. Sellers need to deal with it, also.

So, I am telling myself daily that I need to take photos ASAP and get things listed. I hope to have most of my Christmas and other year-end holiday offers in by the end of this month.

For this effort, I realize that for now, I only need one of each item. That at least will let buyers know I have made, and can make, that item. If I sell that item, it is so easy to re-list.

I realize that I cannot make a lot of colors, sizes, or other variations of each item. At least I cannot do it by the end of the month. I know from experience that many times, folks will see an item and then Convo me to ask for a different color or size, as a custom order. I have no problem with that. A sale is a sale, and wonderfully so.

So, as of Saturday morning, I will be snapping photos and crocheting and beading and doing anything I can so that I can fill my shop for the holidays.

Fees do not bother me a whole lot. They are part of doing business. Etsy is a lot cheaper than driving somewhere at today's gas prices. Etsy does not require me to pay power bills or phone bills. Etsy does not require me to go out in bad weather. I can live with the fees.

For now, I must concentrate on filling my shop with cute, exciting, or useful handmade items. Yep, it's time to get myself moving...

No comments: