Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Update on Worries about Pet

A dear internet friend just commented today on my post from the 7th abut my worries over a neighbor's pet. I'm feeding him morning and night, but he is alone otherwise and he is not eating. At this point, it has been a week and a day since his human buddy left on vacation.

I tried all different types of canned cat food, and he normally is not picky about it. I watched to see if he prefers a pate/mushy type (the kind my own kitty loves) rather than flakes or shreds in gravy (my own kitty licks off the gravy and leaves the pieces). It isn't making any difference. He just isn't into eating.

The day before yesterday my middle-aged nephew and I were talking and we recalled how often my neighbor mentioned giving Sam some people food. Apparently it was a daily ritual. I hate doing that. My own kitty does get a smidgeon of whatever we have for din-din, but it is less than a tablespoon's worth.

I can't let Sam starve. Yesterday morning I opened a can of chicken which I often use for chicken salad or to toss into some canned soups when they claim there is chicken in them but I think they only ran the feet through the broth once. Anyhow, last night and this morning, I gave him just a tablespoon of that, along with his canned food. He seems to have eaten a few bites today.

When I check him morning and night, I don't have huge chunks of time to devote, but I do spend about 45 minutes each time. I talk to him, once a day I brush him, and I plop into an armchair and he jumps onto my lap for about twenty minutes.

Meanwhile, all I can do is continue to pray about this and trust in the Lord to help me with this little fellow he created.

Once more, and daily, Dear Lord, I come to you in concern over little Sam. Please bless me with the wisdom to know what to do to stir up his appetite so he will be healthy when his buddy returns.

No comments: