Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Handmade Christmas Gift Ideas - From Printer to Fabric

My ongoing series of handmade Christmas gift ideas runs from 9/21 to 12/24. After yesterday's post which linked you to24 different quick and easy gift ideas, I briefly considered taking 23 days off, figuring I had done those in one swoop yesterday. I decided against it though. Still, it was a nice thought.

Tonight's project tutorial came in my CraftGossip's daily e-newsletter. It's from Ashley at LilBlueBoo. This tute shows how to transfer an image from either a printer or copier onto fabric. Imagine all the cute tees you can make and customize for your entire gift list. Get the tutorial here. The photo is from LilBlueBoo's blog.

Be sure to read Ashley's post carefully. She explains why certain inks will not work and the difference between toner and inkject images.

Even though my mind runs to personalized tees, I can imagine this for any fabric. Totes, for instance. Maybe it would even work with some backpacks.

I loved how detailed the tute is. For me, I need as many details as I can get. Have fun with this one. You might not need any others.

For other projects in my series, just look along the right sidebar for the label "Christmas Gift Projects." I hope to post only tips that do not require knitting, crocheting, machine sewing, tatting, embroidery, or any other skilled technique.

Don't forget to enter my giveaway (deadline Oct 31) for $25 in handcrafted merchandise from my Etsy store.

No comments: