Sunday, October 9, 2011

Handmade Christmas Gift Ideas - Frosted Glass Gifts


The latest post in my ongoing series of handmade Christmas gift ideas, which runs until Christmas, is for a very easy project. Angie at BurtonAvenue posted a great tutorial, here, for making frosted glass gifts. She used Halloween themes as an example, for candle holders, but she explains that this can easily be done for other gifts as well.

I had no idea that it was so easy to frost glass, nor any idea what product to use to do so. This tute was something totally new to me. I'm looking closely at all my smooth-faced glass jars and rarely-if-ever-used-glasses now, with this technique in mind. Be sure to read to the end so that you can see her suggestions for other ways to use these frosted glass beauties.

I like that the tute not only explains how to frost glass, but also explains how she made the stencils for the designs as well as her suggestion on another way to generate the stencils. I love choices.

For other projects in my series, just look along the right sidebar for the label "Christmas Gift Projects." I hope to post only tips that do not require knitting, crocheting, machine sewing, tatting, embroidery, or any other skilled technique.

Don't forget to enter my giveaway (deadline Oct 31) for $25 in handcrafted merchandise from my Etsy store.

No comments: