Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Handmade Christmas Gift Ideas - Mocha Coffee Mix in a Jar

For tonight's project in my daily (until Christmas) handmade Christmas gift idea, I went surfing the web. I have a list of projects for the upcoming days, but I wanted something different for now.

This one is found at Brenda's site, The Best Homemade Gift Ideas. Although I haven't tried it yet, I will be packing up a "test" jar just for ME this weekend. I just happen to have every single ingredient in the house right at this moment. It's only fair that I get to try this before I give it to my friends and loved ones, right? While reading this particular recipe, every line said "yummy," and every word made my nose start sniffing as though I had a hot steaming cup in front of me.

With the weather cooling down in many parts of the country, you'll want to make yourself a test jar, too. After all, you won't want to give a gift that you can't vouch for, right? Right!

I'm sorry I do not have a photo of a packed jar for this one, so I used some free clip art. But Brenda's instructions are very clear. And, as always, you can easily decorate it your own way.

Make some cute labels off your printer, for instance, would be great. Tie it up in cellophane or a piece of fabric. Hmmm, you could even wrap a potholder around it and tie it with a ribbon or even rustic twine. I used clip art to show you can even find a really beautiful jar which makes a two-in-one-gift.

Gifts in a jar are not only popular, but they are practical as well. They are always welcome. I'll probably post at least one a month between now and Christmas.

For other projects in my series, just look along the right sidebar for the label "Christmas Gift Projects." I hope to post only tips that do not require knitting, crocheting, machine sewing, tatting, embroidery, or any other skilled technique.

No comments: