Thursday, May 5, 2011

Prayers for Prosperity

Many folks offer their choices of prayers for prosperity. I posted about a week ago about my own prayer for debt relief, and gave a free posting of my own prayer from my paperback, the Busy Person's Prayer Book, in that post.


My feeling, however, is that I, personally, do not ever say prayers for prosperity. It makes me feel that I assume I am supposed to eventually be wealthy. My own beliefs are that true wealth is inside. In spite of my hazardous financial situation right now, I am still truly happy inside. See, I know many, many people worse off than I am. At 70, I just began a new venture. I've been a writer and editor since the mid-1970s. Part of that was part-time. In the mid-1980s, it became full time. In spite of that, I haven't earned any income from writing for the past 2-1/2 years.


Now, though, I am beginning, in answer to my recent heavy assault on heaven's doors for my eyes to see the way to some fresh income, something new to me in the writing field. I've begun to write web content. It pays very little, per piece. It is anonymous. However, for the first time in over two years, this week, in the past 3 days, I've already accumulated some income that I will receive, via PayPal, tomorrow. Right now, even that meager $35 looks like a fortune. It will buy food for the next 4 or 5 days, if I shop just right. I'll post tomorrow, if I remember, about how this answer was in front of me all along, but the timing wasn't right, apparently.


Meanwhile, I am already working on more articles, and I hope to build it up to $100 a week during this coming week. The learning curve threw me, but with prayer and patience, this little Polish broad proved to herself that she can still learn a few things, and learn them well.


Back to various prayers for prosperity. For me, it is enough to know that God still hears my prayers for guidance, for the answers which help me to help him to help me. I'm very happy with that.


Dearest Father in Heaven, thank you with all my heart for hearing my prayers this past two weeks and opening my eyes to your reply.

No comments: