Saturday, April 30, 2011

How to Hang in There

Several days ago, I posted about a household worry that is now a big part of our lives - my middle-aged nephew lives in the mobile home with me. Those posts, The Right Outlook and Today, I Owe You Big Time, Lord, were optimistic and upbeat at the time.

I can usually take the first moments of a panic-situation in stride, relying on faith and my long-time experience in knowing that God always seems to work it out better than I could imagine on my own. However, after the first few days, real worry tends to set it. That's when it becomes difficult to stay upbeat. I am at that stage now.

Do I have any secret answer to the quandary: How to Hang in There? Nope. What I do have is the long-time knowledge and experience that reminds me to be patient, to thank the Lord for what he is doing right at this moment, behind the scenes, to work this out for us. That's the only way we can get through this without falling apart. Patience. An easy word to say; a difficult virtue to practice.

Father, please send large amounts of patience to both me and Frank, that we may not do anything rash or sudden, and that we wait for your guidance as to our next step.

No comments: