Monday, November 1, 2010

Sin-less Sin-full Delicious Delight

I can't keep this a secret any longer. It's not fair for me to keep it to myself. I have developed a delicious delight for whenever I need a real treat.

I love sundaes. I love banana splits. I love desserts.

Lately, I have been taking a simple lo-cal fruit yogurt cup and making it terrific. I make sure it is a variety with pieces of fruit in it. That's important to my taste buds.

Then I add a squirt or two, small squirts, of sugar-free chocolate syrup.

Then I add a tablespoon or less of chopped walnuts.

Then I stir and I close my eyes and I am eating a yummy sundae, and it is heavenly.

I went through a week when I was adding some packaged trail mix instead of chopped walnuts, but those mixes often have dried fruits which are high in concentrated sugars.

Bottom line - the fruity yogurt, the sugar-free chocolate syrup, and the chopped walnuts - fantastic.

No comments: