Saturday, November 6, 2010

Our Fave Cap for the Homeless

Two days ago, I mentioned our charity crafters and our previously fave cap to make for the homeless. Use either this link or this link. This is a 3-way cap, because it can be worn pulled over the ears, pushed back above the ears, or like a beret. The pattern calls for chunky yarn and an I hook, but we have used worsted weight with either a G or H hook for small and medium size hats. This is a 2004 design by Catherine Lindsay. They look really great starting with scrap yarn in one color, and changing as need be. I'll try to put up some photos in a day or so with color families as just described.

I will get permission from our crafting member, if I can, to write up her mom's fave cap from over 50 years ago, over the next week or so.

Between the two, we vary our styles but each hat is reasonably easy to make and suits the homeless very well.

I also love that either style lends itself to using up scrap yarn in color families.

No comments: