Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Another Bump in Life

I've had to learn to deal with life's bumps as just that: bumps. I have learned to handle each bump as soon as it appears. Not that moment, of course, but as soon as possible. After a typically normal human reaction of fear or shock or worry or frustration or even anger, my next step, as quickly as possible, is a "Now, what do I do first to fix this?"

We had a lot of rain this past 48 hours. Our old (1978) double-wide mobile home had a leak last year, just inside the back door. I had someone come and patch all the apparent cracks this Spring.

This latest leak is only a drip at this moment but more rain is predicted all this coming week. Cracks cannot be repaired until a roof is dry. I have no idea how we will pay for this latest "bump." We (my middle-aged nephew and I) are still dealing with the cost of co-pays for med visits, meds, and diagnostics. We have a few more things still to go, including my foot surgery on the 10th.

Still, I'd rather not be the type of person who says, "What next"? because, my friends, in my 71 years on this earth, I've learned that when one says that, one quickly finds out "what next," and usually we do not like it.

I'd rather look at it as a heads' up. It's just a few drops. If my hearing was not so sharp, I would not have even heard those drops. If the sun comes out tomorrow, I might be able to get someone up there for an estimate. If I am right and this is an early warning and quick action can stop a major issue, then I am grateful.

Thank you, Heavenly Father, for giving us an early warning about something that could have been worse if we had not known about it so early; guide us, please, toward the right person and action to repair this problem, and give us the grace to avoid letting it cloud our judgment.

No comments: