Sunday, April 18, 2010

Swaps and Exchanges Take Time

I belong to a few swap/exchange groups now. Two are in my left sidebar (TheGatheringRoom and OurLittleCraftCornerontheNet). I also now belong to a 12" square group on Ravelry, plus an older group I've belonged to since the old DOS days in the 80s/90s.

I love it when these little exchanges come in the door. I love surprises in the mail. But I must start to stop these. Maybe this will be my last year.

These days, I want to put some more time into marketing my Etsy items, my self-published prayer book, and some other ways to bring in a little more income.

Plus, I need to just slow down and take time to smell some roses. Or, at least to plant a few.

Exchanges take time - I love doing them. And I love receiving them. But I need to start doing some other things, too.

My Charity Crafting efforts need to stay in my life. And also some new crochet and other craft designs I still want to develop.

Between time and money, time is far more valuable to me, believe it or not.

What I'm trying to say is that when we are crafters, we need to always keep an eye on our personal priorities and our personal joys and ideas. I'm hoping to take my own advice.

Maybe, at the end of this year?

No comments: