Saturday, November 21, 2009

The Hidden Troubles of Others

I'm not sure what to write tonight. No new news regarding my sister's condition, so I won't dwell on that. She has many people praying for her, so she is safely in God's hands for now.

Today wasn't bad, just a bit hectic. I was thinking a few minutes ago that most of us do not know what is going on in the lives of those around us. Many times this past week, I was stunned by something I found was troubling folks I knew. Most of these folks did not seem, outwardly, to be suffering in any way. It made me realize that we can't assume that because someone is not baring their soul to us, that it means their lives are trouble-free.

There was a song a while back, with a line, "no one knows what goes on behind closed doors." In that song, it referred to something else, but it could easily refer to the sufferings that we are unaware of in the lives of others.

I will start to pray, whenever I think about it, for strength for those around me, especially those who do not shout out their troubles but, instead, suffer them in silence.

Dear Lord, please help me to understand that I am not the only one with troubles. Please have mercy on others around me who need your help, even if I am not aware of their need.

No comments: