Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Psalm 12 - Lies and Deception

I've been reading one Psalm a night, and am up to the 12th Psalm, which I read last night. This one hit home. We humans have a habit of always thinking that our current culture is the only one that ever has had trouble.

In this Psalm, one verse clearly shows that our vices have been with us for many, many centuries.
Psalm 12:2
Everyone lies to his neighbor; their flattering lips speak with deception

Further on, God promises us protection against these people -
Psalm 12:7
O Lord, you will keep us safe and protect us from such people forever.

I love how God shows us that our sins are not new to the world and that he will always help us.

The hard part is to remember to call upon his help when I need it.

Right now, our country is having a terrible time with this health plan. I have dear friends who actually hate one another now, because they don't know what to believe and they argue with a horrible intensity, almost foaming at the mouth.

For every claim for one side, there is a counter-claim for the other. At times like this, I truly need to ask for God's guidance, and I truly need to listen for it, as well.

Heavenly Father, protect us all and open our ears that we may hear your words as you whisper them into our waiting hearts and minds.

No comments: