Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Summer Yarns

I just began writing articles for ezinearticles.com, hoping they will get picked up and bring some much-needed traffic to my blog, my Etsy store, and my Busy Person's Prayer Book. I wrote one about summer yarns.

By summer yarn, I meant the cotton worsted that works so well for sticky summer weather when perspiration and other types of moisture make life a mess. There are so many brands out there these days, including Peaches & Creme and Lily's Sugar'n Cream. Both of their websites also have many patterns to offer.

Being cotton, they are very absorbent. They are great for coasters, cozies, beach cover-ups, barbecue mitts, and more. Because some of the cotton worsted can be a bit stiff, they also have softer varieties suitable for clothing.

I cannot believe I never worked with cotton worsted until this year. Still, I'm glad I did discover it and can enjoy its benefits and its look.

No comments: