Friday, May 15, 2009

Preemie Outfits

I think I may have found a place, a NICU, for the charity preemie outfits made by our local group. They do want to “test” an outfit or two, to see if they will fit the little ones.

I had a moment of doubt when the Charge Nurse told me on the phone that they do not even put clothes on them, or dress them, until they weigh four pounds. This worried me. Our outfits look so small. I dug out my “cap” pattern, and lo and behold, it says it is for a four-pound baby. Now I just need to check the pattern for the hospital shirts.

I suppose that the ones which might be too small, if any, can be given to little girls for their dolls. But I truly hope everything we made will find a living little baby to warm and comfort.

Father, thank you for these outlets for our hands and for our yarns, that we may bless the babies with the fruits of the skills with which you have blessed us.

No comments: