Friday, January 23, 2009

Getting Creative

Time was when I was afraid to be creative in my crochet efforts. I stuck rigidly to the pattern. Any change I made ended up in disaster. I guess I have finally gained some experience because, these days, I am a lot braver.

Tonight I wanted a pattern for a crocheted cross. It has to be quick and easy but look good. Nothing I found was right. If it was easy, it did not look the way I wanted it to look. If it looked right, it was difficult and tricky.

My solution will be to work up a pattern for myself. In these cases, I look at a lot of patterns. I find what I like and figure out why it does not work for me and figure out how to change that to my advantage. Even then, what works for me might not work for someone else.

The bottom line is that I will eventually develop a pattern that is just right for
me.

Father, you have been so good to me; thank you for the experience I have gained and the creativity you have blessed me with.

No comments: