Saturday, April 17, 2021

Moving along, getting my ducks in a row...

Spent the morning with Silkie's litter box and litter. I use disposable ones now, sort of like a heavy paper mache but it lasts, with 1 cat, a whole month! But I must turn it on its side and cut "lips" on both long sides because it is pretty high. I'll put a photo here. Had to take the heavy bag with the old one and the old litter out to bucket outside, and put fresh litter in - I now use 1/2 clumping and 1/2 non-clumping because just clumping makes the sand stick to her fur and she can't clean properly because she can't lick the sand off. At that point, vacuumed area with stick-vac to get scattered dusty litter up and freshen area.

Made coffee for 4 days, and made a 6 day veggie omelet.


Cleared off the pantry counter so I can do a soup in the crockpot overnight. This included finally tossing into the recycle bin several empty large coffee cans and plastic coffee tubs that I had been thinking I would use for something and then admitted I had even more under a cabinet in the kitchen.

Making an EBTKS soup overnight - that stands for Everything But The Kitchen Sink - LOL - my own abbreviation. This one, I've tossed in a tub of frozen homemade stock which I defrosted in fridge overnight, a can each of diced tomatoes, Rotel original, and tri-beans (pinto, black and red kidney). Added about a half of a bunch of celery diced, 2 medium onions, and 2 diced zucchini. Then because I didn't have any of the shredded cabbage I usually prep and freeze, I tossed in a bag of riced cauliflower. I've been getting those recently because of "deals" and coupons. Very convenient. So that's in and will be done in the morning. Tomorrow night I'll do a ground turkey chili - the ground turkey is defrosting in fridge overnight.

Paid my prepaid flip cell phone online and set out a bag of yarn for one of my charity crafters to pick up. Since I'm required to self-quarantine until surgery Tuesday morning, I couldn't just drop it off to her like I usually do.

And Walmart delivered a big pack of 20 bathroom tissue rolls so I'm good for quite a while - it came today. Didn't want to run out to store, again because of restrictions, so I ordered that online a day or so ago.

Sadly, I didn't get to everything on my to-do list for today, but I managed to knock off a few items. Easy does it...

Tomorrow I hope to pack and document a few 13 gallon bags of finished charity crafter projects from my team and shove them into the closet before my stitches are in. I hope to also do two loads of laundry, set up the turkey chili for overnight tomorrow night, and maybe plop 3 plants into the front lot. I should also set out a gallon bottle to make iced tea overnight.

Rolling along...

No comments: