Friday, April 16, 2021

And so it begins...

 And so it begins...

So, this morning, I spent 3 hours clear across town in a big hospital building. Parking lot was huge. Finally gave up trying to find a spot and did their complimentary valet parking. Took quite a while to do all the outpatient-surgery registration forms. 

From there, it was a little walk down a corridor for the blood tests, then a short wait and then the EKG. From there, it was what seemed like a mile-long walk down corridor after corridor following Covid Test signs to get the C19 test, and then, of course, back the same long walk. Had my quad cane with me, of course, and they would have brought a wheel chair but frankly, since it was nice and flat, no curbs, no steps, I opted for the long walk - I just took it slow - figured the Good Lord wanted to me to get a little exercise. Then back out for the car and the drive home.

Odd, this time. I had a lumpectomy in the winter of 2017, but that time they didn't give me a "shower package." I've got to read it tomorrow. They said a nurse would be calling to explain. I noticed something about a suction cup (to hold something or other from the packet) and something about an hourglass... there are 2 bottles of what I assume is something similar to radiation decontamination solutions in there - LOL. Saw something in there about "night before" and "morning of." It was all easier last time.

This time, the double lumpectomy is during a pandemic and I suspect that has something to do with the more complicated process.

Anyhow, it has begun.

So now I self-quarantine until Tuesday morning when my friend/neighbor will drive me there and bring me home when they call him to say I'm out of recovery.

All this, of course, presumes my C19 is negative... just because I've had both Moderna shots doesn't mean I can't get a mild asymptomatic case.

So this weekend, I will do the cat's litter box, a full laundry to make sure I don't have to do any linen changing with stitches under left arm alongside breast, and anything else that requires lifting of any sort.

Rolling along...

No comments: