Monday, April 26, 2021

Answered Prayers: the good and the iffy...

Ok - 

The good - 

I was at the surgeon's office this morning even tho she originally didn't want to see me until this coming Friday. She said of the 2 cancers she removed, one was 3 cm long (about 1-1/2 inches). She took out the drain, and it won't even be a week until tomorrow! I am FREE! LOL   She covered that spot just for overnight with a small bandage and from here on, I can shower. The showers will help the steri strips to curl and peel off, and the stitches under those will dissolve. I can lift normally now, so I'll be able to lift Silkie into her carrier on the 6th for her visit to the Vet's office.

The iffy -

they did find cancer in the lymph node but that doesn't tell her whether it spread into the lymph system or just that one node. She did a referral for the oncologist who I'll see sometime over the next two weeks. Until I see that cancer doctor, I won't know my future or how long it is expected to be... so time will tell. I'm not trying to freak people out; I'm just being honest. I'll keep you all in the loop once I know a little more... 

Thanks for your prayers - I know they helped make this go more easily than it could have gone, comfort-wise!

Sweet Lord Jesus, thank you so much for always having my back. Thank you for hearing the prayers of my friends and loved ones and helping me figure ways to make it as easy as possible. And thank you for the patience I need while I wait for still more answers. Jesus, I trust in you!

No comments: